Airplane Crash Lawsuit in 2024 : How to Get Justice for the Victims of the Accident
You can file an airplane crash lawsuit if you or your loved one is injured or killed in an airplane or helicopter crash. Although there are a few exceptions, it’s important to talk with a professional airplane crash lawyer to obtain maximum benefits. The period is within one year of the date of the accident.
Common causes of airplane crashes
- Failure to control air traffic.
- Faulty equipment and flawed aircraft design.
- Flying into inclement weather without professional training or experience.
- Lack of training.
- Landing at small airports with fewer facilities.
- Negligent maintenance.
- Pilot error.
- Poorly designed planes.
- Running out of fuel.
- Wildlife strikes.
Who is liable for airplane accidents?
- Air traffic controllers.
- Chart publishers.
- Commercial airlines and other companies charging a fee to airplane passengers owe a special duty of care to passengers.
- Federal aviation administration.
- Manufacturers and suppliers.
- Owners and lessors.
- The military.
Legal rights to compensation after an airplane accident
- It doesn’t matter whether the injury or loss results from a domestic or international flight crash. A passenger or the passenger’s family is permitted to apply for Airplane Crash Lawsuit in the USA.
- The domestic flight survivor’s legal rights are governed by the individual states, whereas, the international flights and crash survivors’ rights are specified under the Montreal Convention 1999.
- Hiring a skilled and experienced airplane crash attorney will help you explain your legal rights to file a lawsuit and seek compensation with a hassle-free procedure.
Can I file an airplane crash lawsuit?
People who have legal rights to file a lawsuit after an airplane crash are based on the circumstances surrounding the accident. Here is a list of a few people who have legal rights to sue after airplane crash injury including:
- Parties injured in the accident.
- Spouses, guardians, or next of kin of injured parties.
- The representatives of a mortally wounded victim’s estate.
- Next of kin to parties killed in the crash.
- People who suffer emotional or physical harm from their proximity to the accident.
Compensation for airplane crash lawsuit
- Past and future medical expenses.
- Lost wages.
- Future income losses.
- Permanent disability.
- Pain and suffering.
- Funeral expenses.
- Lost companionship of a loved one.
- Diminished quality of life.
- Permanent disability.
Nevertheless, many courts award full compensation for injury-related medical expenses and direct financial loss. However, the non-economic compensation for an Airplane Crash Lawsuit is based on the jurisdiction and the judge.
What about the families of victims of airplane crashes?
Whenever a plane crashes, an experienced attorney would tend to the victim’s family, offering high-end services. The Aviation Disaster Family Assistant Act of 1996 provides various rights to the families of victims. It includes:
- Communications with a foreign government.
- Daily briefings.
- Meetings with the families of the victims.
- Memorial services.
- Mental health and counseling services.
- Safe grieving places that would be uninterrupted by the press.
- Translation services.
- Victim identification and forensic services.
If you want a lawyer who cares about you and the outcome of your airplane crash lawsuit, choose Ethen Ostroff. He and his professional connections will ensure you get every dollar possible for what you went through.