How to Deal with Oil and Gas Field injury Lawsuit in 2024
The U.S. has become one of the largest producers of oil in the world. Thousands of people earn their living by working in these oil fields.
In addition, getting immediate medical attention for a serious injury can be difficult because of the remote locations of many rigs.
Causes of oil field accidents
Common injuries suffered in oil fields
Some of the most common injuries that occur in the oil field include:
Occupational hazards in the oil and gas industry
According to the occupational safety and health administrator, the occupational safety hazards that have been linked to the oil and gas industry includes
- Being caught in or stuck between heavy machinery.
- Dangerous confined spaces.
- Electrical hazards.
- Truck and vehicle collisions.
- Mechanical hazards.
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling heavy items or loads.
Steps to take after your oil and gas field accident
- After an oil and gas accident, notify your immediate supervisor about your injuries. Failure to do so can result in you losing your job. Moreover, it can affect your ability to recover compensation for your injuries.
- When reporting an accident, you need to be honest about what happened while completing an incident report.
- You can create a proper diary of the accident so there is no dispute about what you said and when you said it.
- In cases where you are covered by worker’s compensation, your employer must notify their insurance carrier about your injury and file an oil and gas injury claim on your behalf.
These steps will cause a formal investigation into your accident and injuries. Once the investigation starts, don’t speak to a worker’s compensation insurance claims adjuster or another investigator without first contacting an attorney. Doing this might put you in trouble.
- After notifying your employer about your accident, seek prompt and qualified medical attention for your injuries. Your employer will ask you for proper medical attention for an injury that takes place on a job site.
- By receiving an accurate diagnosis of your condition immediately, you will be able to achieve the best possible health outcome. However, ignoring your medical needs after a worksite accident, even for a short period results in overwhelming long-term health consequences.
- If you were seriously injured in an oil or gas production accident, you may need to go to the nearest emergency room. You should also start your hunt for the best oil field injury attorney
- If your injuries do not require immediate medical attention, you should schedule an appointment with a doctor right away. Some worker’s compensation rules may limit your ability to select a doctor or other healthcare professional for non-urgent and/or ongoing health treatment after an accident in the oil fields.
- Look for skilled and approved doctors to have a quick recovery. If you will see a doctor who has been recruited by and is paid for by your employer’s insurer, do your homework. Go through the review of their previous client.
Furthermore, follow your doctor’s instructions about how to care for your injuries. However, if you are too hurt to return to work, you should not go back to your job site.
- A formal investigation into your accident has already been triggered. This usually occurs when you report your injury.
- The attorney will help you file oil and gas litigation with a hassle-free procedure.
- As any statements, you make to the claims adjuster will be recorded. Therefore, you should not speak with such individuals until you have had a chance to speak with your attorney and recover from your injuries.
- Ask the oil field accident attorney to set up an initial consultation to discuss what has happened up to this point. There are so many reputable workplace accident attorneys who provide a no-cost initial consultation that will remain completely confidential.
What compensation can I get from the oil and gas field lawsuit?
- Future living expenses.
- Lost work time.
- Medical bills.
How long will the process of oil and gas lawsuits take?
It depends on the nature and severity of your injuries. For instance, most cases resolve or are tried within a year or two, when you take professional assistance from the top oil field accident lawyer. Some cases also take longer as the client has various injuries or the nature of the accident is more complicated.
Although you might want to move quickly, it’s important not to rush the process. After all, if you are injured, it’s your only opportunity to get maximum compensation. The lawyers will help you fully understand the nature of your injuries and how these injuries will affect you down the road.
How to know if you can win your case or not?
One of the best ways to determine if you have an oil and gas field injury lawsuit is to contact an oilfield injury attorney. Even if the company honors your workers’ compensation claim, you should also bring a claim against some other third party that caused or contributed to your injuries.
However, if your company doesn’t have workers’ compensation insurance, you can also initiate a lawsuit against your employer to get the maximum recovery of the damages. In addition, if the faulty design of equipment that your company was using is responsible for your injuries, you can assert a product defect claim against the company that manufactured the product.
Nevertheless, the best course of action is to talk to the best oil and gas injury lawyer in Philadelphia. Ethen Ostroff and his professional connections ensure you get every dollar possible for what you went through.