Knee Injury Car Accident Settlement in 2024 - Latest Guide
Are you suffering a knee injury from a car accident? If yes, hiring top lawyers to assist in filing a claim will help you get a fair knee injury car accident settlement. Get a detailed overview of winning your knee accident lawsuit here.
Knee injury verdict statistics
Here are the usual settlement amounts received by injured claimants based on the type of accident they met.
it contains a median of $70,748. The middle 50% range is $28,250-$237,500.
it contains a median of $150,000. The middle 50% range is $80,071-$240,000.
it contains a median of $90,203. The middle 50% range is $34,750-$192,038.
it contains a median verdict of $191,884. The middle 50% range is $83,300-$287,500.
it contains a median verdict of $9,095. The middle 50% range is $1,624-$41,098.
What are the factors affecting settlement?
Here are the factors that drive settlement amounts in knee injury claims.
- One of the biggest factors that drive knee injury case values is whether there was surgery or not. Top knee injury lawyers find compensation payouts higher in these types of cases.
- Medical experts have explained the functions of the knee joint and the effect of the injury on the patient. These factors play a crucial role in determining how much a jury will award if the case goes to trial.
- An unbiased doctor needs to take the jury through the results of the x-rays, MRI studies, CT scans, and the arthroscopic examination of the surfaces of the involved bones. This is easier in knee fracture or dislocation cases.
- There are various serious knee injuries from car accident injuries that are soft tissue injuries involving one or more of the non-bone structures of the knee. For instance, knee injuries from car accidents and truck accidents occur when trauma to the thigh or shin bone is accompanied by an opposite force directed against the foot. The result is torque that is violently transmitted to the knee.
Recent knee injury verdicts and settlements
Just to give you an idea, here are some notable Knee Injury Car Accident Settlement.
In this case, a pedestrian was struck at a crosswalk and suffered a left tibial plateau fracture along with a concussion. She underwent an open reduction internal fixation procedure and received rehabilitative care. The woman alleged negligence against the at-fault driver and claimed that the driver failed to yield to a pedestrian and maintain an appropriate lookout. As a result, the defendant agreed to offer a knee injury car accident settlement amount of $475,000.
In this case, a 54-year-old dump truck driver was struck by a snowplow and suffered a concussion along with worsening his pre-existing right knee, neck, and lumbar injuries. Consequently, he received steroid and cortisone injections. He then underwent a total knee replacement and an L4-S1 fusion within a year but didn’t experience any positive results. In addition, he treated it with narcotics. The dump truck driver alleged negligence against the snowplow driver. Later, it was claimed that he failed to stop and maintain an appropriate lookout. As a result, this case was settled for $695,000.
An 84-year-old woman tripped on an elevated threshold outside a supermarket restroom and fractured her right patella and left humerus. Consequently, the woman had knee surgery and filed a lawsuit against the supermarket. She claimed that the staff failed to maintain the premises, inspect them, and warn of the hazard. As a result, she received a $1,002,411 verdict.
Simple steps to boost your chances of injury compensation
Starting from the accident scene, you need to call 911 to notify the police and ask for help. After the chaos of the scene dies down, consider doing the following:
- You should never refuse or delay medical attention after a motor vehicle accident. The insurance company won’t hesitate to deny your claim. For instance, they might argue that your injuries were not caused by the collision.
- If you were not taken directly to the hospital from the accident scene, you need to see your physician or go to the nearest emergency room or urgent care center as soon as possible.
- It would be best if you tell the medical providers who treat your knee injury that you suffered the injuries from an auto accident. Furthermore, you need to gather all the medical records that reflect that your injuries were directly related to the collision and you can get a fair car accident knee injury settlement.
- When you are suffering from a knee injury, you will not be able to move around to gather evidence. Don’t make your knee situation worse by trying to move, as aggravating an injury can also hurt your claim. Ask a dependable loved one or a trusted personal injury lawyer to do the leg work for you.
- If someone was there when the accident occurred, ask them to take pictures and videos of the scene from different angles. You should also get the contact information of the witnesses who were present at the time of the accident.
- Don’t worry if you cannot gather evidence right after your accident. The police report should include a diagram of the crash, weather conditions, DUI tests, citations issued, and results. You can usually pick up a copy of the police report shortly after the accident, which will help you get maximum workers comp knee injury settlement from your claim.
- After the accident, you need to have detailed notes of everything you remember before the accident and as the crash happened. You can describe your fear and pain after the impact, along with your experience with emergency responders.
- Additionally, keep a journal during your recovery with details of your mobility issues, pain, frustrations, sleep issues, and worries. It will help justify higher compensation for your pain and suffering.
- You’ll need to gather all the copies of your medical bills and records. These types of documentation will help you link your injuries to the accident.
- You should request records from the emergency room, your treating physician, and any specialists or therapists you have seen because of the accident. In addition, you should gather mental health records if they relate to anxiety or trauma from the crash.
If you don’t hire licensed and experienced lawyers for your knee injury car accident settlement, there will be too much to lose by trying to negotiate a serious knee injury claim on your own. An experienced attorney can often boost your compensation by:
- Conducting an asset search of the at-fault driver.
- Defending you against allegations of shared fault.
- Discovering additional insurance coverage.
- Negotiating a settlement or filing a lawsuit.
Skilled and experienced knee injury lawyers will help you get a free, no-obligation consultation for your claim. It pays to protect your interests by having a proficient case evaluation.
Ethen Ostroff Law is your one-stop platform to get timely assistance to win your Knee Injury Car Accident Settlement. We will provide you with top referrals for sound legal advice and representation. Call 610-510-8883 to talk with Ethen and his team today.