How to Make Your Trip and Fall Lawsuit In 2024 | Stronger Proven Strategies
Example of a trip and fall accident
A trip and fall accident occurs when a person trips over an object on the floor and can’t move fast enough to prevent the fall.
Here are a few examples of the scenarios:
- Doors jambs that connect the door to the floor.
- Items left on the floor, such as ropes, brooms, boxes, or construction materials.
- Tripping over the elevation between the street and the sidewalk.
- Uneven paving stones on the sidewalk.
Injuries from trip and fall accident
- Back injuries.
- Broken arms, fingers, wrists.
- Head injuries.
- Hip fractures.
- Leg or ankle fractures.
Steps to take if you are injured in a trip and fall accident
In addition to getting proper care and attention, you should also ask your physician to document your trip and fall injury.
Report it immediately to the landlord, manager, owner who can document the accident in a written report and provide you with a copy.
Gather important details, such as the names and contact information of the potential witnesses. Take pictures of the location, write out your account of the accident, and keep the shoes and clothes you were wearing in a safe location.
It’s important to limit your communication with the business manager or the owner. In addition, refrain from posting details on social media.
The victims of trip and fall accidents should speak to the skilled and experienced trip and fall lawyer in Philadelphia. Contact them before giving a statement to the involved insurance company.
Things to prove in a trip and fall accident
- The defendant owned or operated the premises.
- The defendant was aware of the condition that may have harmed the public.
- The harmful condition was not considered a minor issue.
- The plaintiff sustained injuries because of the dangerous condition.
Statute of limitations for a trip and fall case
The general rule for adults considering to file trip and fall claims is three years from the date of the accident. However, if the accident resulted in a death, you have 2 years to file a wrongful death claim.
If you have been hurt in a trip and fall accident, you deserve to know what your rights are. An experienced personal injury attorney will help you determine whether you have a valid premises liability claim or not.
Trip and Fall Lawyer
If you want a lawyer who cares about you and the outcome of your trip and fall lawsuit, choose Ethen Ostroff. He and his professional connections ensure you get every dollar possible for what you went through.