Ethicon Physiomesh Lawsuit In 2024 | Updates You Must Know
If you have sustained injuries or other damages due to exposure to Physiomesh, filing an Ethicon Physiomesh lawsuit In 2024 could be a smart decision.
Before it was voluntarily recalled, the Ethicon Physiomesh Flexible Composite Mesh was available in a wide range of sizes and shapes to fit a wide range of needs. For instance,
- Ethicon Physiomesh® Flexible Composite Mesh PHY2535V – Oval 25cm x 35cm.
- Ethicon Physiomesh® Flexible Composite Mesh PHY1015V – Oval 10cm x 15cm.
- Ethicon Physiomesh® Flexible Composite Mesh PHY1520R – Rectangle 15cm x 20cm.
- Ethicon Physiomesh® Flexible Composite Mesh PHY2025V – Oval 20cm x 25cm.
- Ethicon Physiomesh® Flexible Composite Mesh PHY0715R – Rectangle, 7.5cm x 15cm.
- Ethicon Physiomesh® Flexible Composite Mesh PHY2030R – Rectangle 20cm x 30cm.
- Ethicon Physiomesh® Flexible Composite Mesh PHY3050R – Rectangle 30cm x 50cm.
- Ethicon Physiomesh® Flexible Composite Mesh PHY3035R – Rectangle 30cm x 35cm.
- Ethicon Physiomesh® Flexible Composite Mesh PHY1520V – Oval 15cm x 20cm.
- Ethicon Physiomesh® Flexible Composite Mesh PHY1515Q – Square 15cm x 15cm.
Current status of Ethicon Physiomesh hernia repair lawsuits
As of May 2, 2022, there is a global settlement in the Ethicon Physiomesh hernia repair lawsuits, but no numbers have been released as the settlement amount. Nevertheless, it is expected that there will still be more Ethicon Physiomesh claims involving Physiomesh because many victims have not yet had complications. Unfortunately, it means there are still many people out there with recalled mesh inside of them. All federal court claims are centralized in all federal product liability lawsuits that involve Ethicon Physiomesh hernia repairs before U.S. District Judge Richard Story (Judge Story) in the Northern District of Georgia in multidistrict litigation (MDL). This means that it doesn’t matter where you’re from; your Ethicon Physiomesh lawsuit against Ethicon for its defective hernia mesh will be in federal court under Judge Story unless you bring a state court claim, which you can only do in a few states. Nevertheless, if you have not brought a hernia mesh claim, it’s best to seek help from the top Ethicon Physiomesh lawyers now before the statute of limitations sets in. These hernia repair cases involving the Ethicon Physiomesh could have a significant trial and settlement value that you should not miss.
Physiomesh recall: facts & problems
Ethicon is a Johnson & Johnson subsidiary that manufactures a wide range of hernia mesh products that cause serious complications for many patients. As a result, many of these patients have begun filing their Ethicon Physiomesh lawsuits.
Hernias look like an external bulge and often occur at the abdominal wall. Here are the most common types of hernias:
- Femoral (located at the upper thigh or outer groin).
- Hiatal (located inside the abdomen on the diaphragm).
- Incisional (surgical incision or scar in the abdomen).
- Inguinal (located at the inner groin).
- Umbilical (located at the belly button).
- Ventral (located at the abdominal wall).
Because hernias can reopen, surgeons may perform a procedure where they stitch in a mesh patch or plug to help reinforce the muscles and connective tissues.
The primary purpose of Physiomesh is to repair hernias or reinforce weaknesses in a patient’s abdominal wall that can lead to a hernia in the first place. When a surgeon implants Physiomesh over an opening or weak spot in a patient’s abdominal wall, it creates a strong barrier to prevent internal organs from squeezing through.
In 2010, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Physiomesh composite mesh. However, before making it available on the market, no clinical trials were performed. Consequently, the two studies that were undertaken in Germany and Denmark linked Physiomesh to a higher number of hernia repair procedures.
As a result, Ethicon withdrew Physiomesh flexible composite mesh from the worldwide market in May 2016.
Common medical issues linked to Physiomesh
Some of the medical issues found to be caused by Physiomesh include:
Compensation of Physiomesh damages from Physiomesh settlement claim
You may have a claim for lost wages and medical expenses against Ethicon. After all, you deserve a fair Ethicon Physiomesh settlement amount in 2023 for your emotional distress, pain and suffering.
The most common types of potential damages available to injured patients in the Physiomesh class-action include the following:
- Damages for loss of earning capacity.
- Damages for past, present, and future pain and suffering.
- Damages for past, present, and future mental anguish or emotional distress.
- Payment of costs for further corrective surgeries.
- Payment of lost wages.
- Payment of medical bills.
What is the average settlement value of a hernia mesh lawsuit?
Based on an earlier class action involving Kugel hernia mesh cases, the average settlement is about $70,000. In the Kugel hernia mesh lawsuits, at least 2,600 people filed a claim against the manufacturer, C.R. Bard, Inc.
The conventional wisdom is that the average Ethicon Physiomesh settlement amount in 2023 will be slightly higher.
Eligibility to file Ethicon Physiomesh lawsuit
- The hernia repair surgery used an Ethicon mesh product
- The Ethicon mesh product was defective.
- The hernia mesh product caused the injury.
- The injury is monetarily quantifiable.
Contact Ethen Ostroff Law Firm today!
Whether you believe you have a case or not, call Ethen Ostroff Law on 610-510-8883 or get a free online consultation. We will analyze your case and get you access to the top Ethicon Physiomesh lawyer in Philadelphia. A competent attorney will provide you with the proven strategies to help you win your case and get the maximum Ethicon Physiomesh Lawsuit settlement amount.