Bungee Jumping Accident Lawsuit In 2024 - All Guide
If you or someone you know is suffering from injuries or has died due to a bungee jumping accident, you can file a bungee jumping accident lawsuit to get full compensation.
Bungee jumping is an extraordinary activity that offers some thrill and a mesmerizing escape from ordinary everyday life. However, since bungee jumping is a high-adrenaline activity, it is crucial to practice safe techniques because the activity can be deadly.
Safety requirements before experiencing bungee jumping
Bungee jumping is on many people’s bucket lists. If you are looking to try this activity, it would be best to familiarize yourself with the following safety tips.
Pregnant women and people suffering from cardiac issues, particularly abnormal blood pressure, should refrain from bungee jumping. Pregnant women could hit the tracks and suffer from bungee jumping accidents and personal injury. In addition, those who suffer from non-communicable diseases, especially heart patients, should refrain from becoming bungee jumpers as the adrenaline rush may be hard for them to sustain.
Most deaths from bungee jumping happened due to the harnesses not being put on correctly. Therefore, choosing a company or club that really specializes in bungee jumping and prioritizes safety is fundamental.
For example, the club should take your height and weight measurements to ensure that the equipment fits the user properly. Ankle harnesses are usually secured to both legs. They are often used in conjunction with other harnesses, especially body harnesses.
Nevertheless, while using ankle harnesses, it is best to have your body facing the line of the cord, especially when it becomes tight. Otherwise, you could risk breaking your ankles. In addition, body harnesses are often attached to the stomach area to allow people the freedom of movement with their arms and legs.
Nevertheless, if you incurred a bungee jumping accident personal injury due to improper or insufficient equipment, you should hire skilled and experienced bungee accident lawyers to help you get fair compensation.
Older women, particularly those suffering from osteoporosis, should avoid such an overwhelming experience. Instead, it’s better to sit back in the safe zone and cheer the daredevils attempting the thrilling jump.
Those suffering from back or neck injuries, recent fractures, or dislocations, should also refrain from taking the lead in this adventure sport and getting into health trouble. Still, if you suffered from a bungee jumping accident, experienced bungee jumping accident lawyers can help you recover your damages and losses.
For some, there is no better feeling than the adrenaline rush while jumping off the station and feeling the free flow of your body in the air while attempting bungee jumping. However, people dealing with severe neurological disorders or epilepsy are advised to avoid undertaking any adventure sport, be it bungee jumping or flying fox.
Safety provisions to look before you jump
While safety cannot always be 100% sure, there are some indications that the bungee jumping operator gives importance to your safety. Some of these indicators include:
- A gate must go over the opening from which participants jump so that accidental falling doesn’t occur.
- All equipment has been examined and approved by a licensed professional engineer.
- Proof of insurance.
- Platforms have a non-slip floor.
- Platforms have appropriate anchor points and rails on which the harness is attached.
- Information is available on all platforms from which the company intends participants to jump.
- Platforms are large enough to provide space for at least three people.
- There is proof that the jumpmaster can calculate and make adjustments based on every jumper’s weight.
These are some examples of a long list of rules and regulations that bungee jumping companies must follow. When the regulations are not followed, or mistakes are made, people are likely to get hurt.
How can a jump fail?
- The cord becomes entangled around the jumper, putting extreme pressure on a body part when they reach the end of the jump.
- The cord is too old or worn out and snaps when the jumper is in midair.
- The cord length is not appropriate given the weight of the person jumping.
- The elasticity of the cord is not correct, given the weight of the person jumping.
- The harness attaching the jumper to the cord has a defect and is released at an inappropriate time.
Personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits
A bungee jumping accident lawsuit is filed by the victim themselves or their surviving heirs if they died due to the injuries. The purpose of the case is to obtain a fair bungee jumping accident settlement that will cover the following:
- Medical expenses.
- Lost wages.
- Physical pain and suffering.
- Emotional trauma.
- Loss of consortium.
- Loss of inheritance.
- Funeral and burial expenses.
To prove that compensation is owed, an experienced bungee jumping accident attorney will help you:
- Determine who was at fault.
- Collect evidence.
- File the necessary paperwork.
- Consult with professional experts.
A strong lawsuit can help you get a fair bungee jumping accident lawsuit settlement amount.
How is a manufacturer responsible for a bungee jumping accident?
When a company introduces any product, it must test its safety and provide instructions on how to properly use it. Additionally, if there is a defect that causes the product to behave in a manner that it was not designed to do, and someone is injured, the company can be held responsible under product liability laws.
For instance, if the harness connecting the jumper to the cord has a defect that causes it to snap midair, that is a manufacturing defect. Knowledgeable bungee jumping accident lawyers can help you determine all those who are at fault for the injury or death.
I signed a waiver before jumping - am I not eligible?
Signing a waiver doesn’t mean that you do not have a bungee jumping accident lawsuit. Even with a signed waiver, the defendants have the responsibility to do everything within their power to ensure participants are safe. If they fail to do so, they can be held liable.
What to do if you are injured while bungee jumping?
- Report your injury to the ride operator.
- Talk to all possible witnesses.
- Take photos, videos, and audio.
- Seek immediate medical treatment for any injuries.
- Keep records of all related medical bills.
- Write down your recollection of the accident.
Why hire Ethen Ostroff Law?
A bungee jumping accident injury may be complicated to prove, the bungee jumping operator and its insurance company will likely block or reject your claim. Therefore, for a successful bungee jumping lawsuit, the victim needs the support and assistance of a skilled licensed lawyer.
At Ethen Ostroff Law, we can provide the best references for bungee jumping lawyers in Philadelphia with extensive experience handling similar cases. Call us today at 610-510-8883 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.