Crane Accidents Lawsuit In 2024 | Who Can Be Liable for Crane Accidents Injuries
Causes of crane accidents
In most cases, crane accidents look like accidents at first. Nobody gets to know what exactly happened. However, with further inspection, crane accidents can be traced back to top operator error, negligent safety law violations, or poor equipment maintenance. These types of construction accidents are usually preventable. Here is a list of crane-related construction accidents:
- Crane collapse and crush injuries.
- Electrocution while operating or passing near a crane that has hit power lines.
- The intrusion of cranes on public sidewalks.
- Motor vehicle accidents during transportation of cranes.
- Struck by falling objects held by the crane.
- Tip-overs or scaffolding collapses.
- Workers fall from extreme heights.
Types of injuries in a crane accidents lawsuit
- Back and spinal cord injuries, such as paralysis.
- Broken bones.
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Wrongful death.
Who can be held liable?
There are various parties that can be held liable for a crane accidents injury. It also depends on the specific details of the crane accident. For instance, some common parties that can be held liable are:
- Construction companies.
- Construction projects architect or engineers.
- Crane manufacturers.
- Crane operators.
- Government agency.
- Maintenance workers are responsible for inspecting or fixing the crane.
- Property owner.
- Management company.
Crane accidents caused by negligence
- The defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care.
- The defendant’s negligence was a substantial factor in causing harm or death.
- The defendant breached that duty of care through negligent actions or inaction.
Compensation for crane accidents injuries
- Emotional and mental duress.
- Past, present, and future medical bills.
- Lost income and lost potential earning capacity.
- Loss of consortium.
- Loss of companionship.
- Wrongful death.
When a crane accident leads to death, the family members can file a wrongful death lawsuit against the parties responsible for the crane accident. It helps the family to hold the person who caused the accident accountable for their actions. Moreover, the wrongful death claims can compensate the family for funeral expenses, and other damages.
If you want a lawyer who cares about you and the outcome of your crane accidents lawsuit, choose Ethen Ostroff. He and his professional connections ensure you get every dollar possible for what you went through.