How You Can Claim Baby Formula Lawsuit In 2024
A new study published on October 2021, in the British Medical Journal suggests that the makers of infant formulas have funded biased and unreliable clinic product trials, leading to Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC).
If your baby has the symptoms of NEC, a diagnosis can be confirmed through an abdominal X-ray to examine abnormal patterns. Moreover, the top award-winning lawyers will help you file Baby Formula Lawsuit and get maximum compensation.
Why are people filing baby formula lawsuit?
Parents are filing baby formula lawsuit claim against Enfamil manufacturer Mead Johnson and Similac manufacturer Abbott Laboratories as they know their baby formula products are causing necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC) in premature infants.
In addition, the manufacturers have failed to warn parents and medical providers about the major risk of consuming their harmful products.
What is Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC)?
NEC is a serious gastrointestinal condition, causing intestinal tissue to die. In addition, it may be fatal in more than 50% of cases. Necrotizing Enterocolitis leads to intestinal inflammation that causes holes in the intestine. Consequently, the bacteria from the intestine begin leaking into the abdomen or blood leading to various serious illnesses and deadly blood infections.
Different signs/symptoms of Necrotizing Enterocolitis
- A low or unstable body temperature.
- A swollen, red, or tender belly.
- Diarrhea, dark, or bloody stools.
- Food stays in the stomach longer than expected.
- Green vomit, containing bile.
- Trouble feeding.
Baby formula brands mentioned in the lawsuit include:
- Enfacare powder.
- Enfamil human milk fortifier liquid high protein.
- The Enfamil human milk fortifier powder.
- Enfamil human milk fortifier acidified liquid.
- Similac special care.
- Similac human milk fortifier.
- The Similac Alimentum.
- Similac Alimentum expert care.
- Similac special care 20
- The Similac special care 24
- Similac NeoSure.
- Similac human milk fortifier concentrated liquid.
Am I eligible to file baby formula lawsuit?
- Parents who have a premature infant diagnosed with Necrotizing Enterocolitis after being fed with Similac or Enfamil can file a baby formula lawsuit for potential compensation.
- If your baby has been fed with Similac or Enfamil in the hospital.
- Ensure you have the name and location of the hospital where your infant consumed Similac or Enfamil.
- The skilled and knowledgeable lawyers encourage parents to keep the receipts, proof of packaging, purchases, or box from the formula as evidence.
What is the deadline to file a claim?
Every state possesses a different deadline to file a lawsuit. There are often various statutes of limitations for the child who might have a 21-year deadline to file. However, parents have a shorter deadline to file suit. In addition, there is also a doubtful discovery rule issue in the lawsuits of NEC that can increase the statute of limitation.
The cases of Necrotizing Enterocolitis ranges in severity. For instance, some cases are very mild and cause mild discomfort. However, other cases are very severe and can lead to life-threatening situations for the baby.
Nevertheless, if not treated immediately, serious cases of NEC can cause a perforation or hole to form in the intestinal wall as the tissue dies.
If you want a lawyer who cares about you and the outcome of your case, pick Ethen Ostroff . He and his network will ensure you get every dollar possible for what you went through