Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit In 2024 | All Guide to Claim Compensation
Every year, more than 12,000 spinal cord injury cases are reported in the United States. It involves mental, physical, and emotional damages that lead to financial hardship for you and your family for the rest of your life. To obtain compensation for your injury, hire a skilled and experienced attorney that will help you win Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit.
Causes of spinal cord injury
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Violent acts
- Medical malpractice
- Sports and recreational activities
What to do if a minor is injured?
According to the state, the statutes of limitation may not begin until the minor turns 18. For instance, if the statute of limitations for the particular state is two years, the minor will have 2 years starting on the date they turn 18 years old.
Compensation for spinal cord
If the negligent party caused your spinal cord injury, you bay be entitled to monetary compensation. It includes:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Future long-term care
- Lost wages
- Punitive damages for pain and suffering
To prepare your case and establish liability, the personal injury lawyer will use testimony from any of the following professionals:
- Vocational rehabilitation expert
- Life Care planner
Can I file a spinal cord injury claim?
- Anyone who has suffered a spinal cord injury due to the negligence of another party is eligible to file a spinal cord injury lawsuit.
- For victims under the age of 18, their parents and the legal guardians can file a lawsuit on their behalf.
- In case of a spinal cord injury causing death, a surviving child, spouse, sibling, parent, or relative can file a wrongful death claim.
Four responsible parties in a spinal cord injury lawsuit include:
- Individuals, such as the other driver in a car crash.
- Businesses that fail to provide a safe environment.
- Product manufacturers are liable for a defective product.
- Medical personnel fail to provide a standard level of care.
Evidence to file your spinal cord injury lawsuit
- Medical records.
- Witness statements.
- Employment and wage records (including past and future loss of earning capacity).
- Other types of evidence (including police reports, audio, and video recordings, and more).
General steps to file a spinal cord injury lawsuit
- Contact a spinal cord injury lawyer.
- Review the contract with your spinal cord injury lawyer.
- After signing the contract, your SCI lawyer will begin your research.
- Communication with insurance companies commences.
- Decide whether to go to the trial or agree to a settlement.
Why do I need an attorney?
A personal injury lawyer provides professional advice and counsel regarding your case.
If your spinal cord injury lawsuit case goes to trial, a lawyer will use their experience in the courtroom to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
If you want a lawyer who cares about you and the outcome of your spinal cord injury lawsuit case, choose Ethen Ostroff. He and his professional networks ensure you get every dollar possible for what you went through.