How to Get 100% Claim from Drunk Driving Lawsuit in 2024
The most common mistakes made after a car accident
- It will seem like you’re not hurt and lead insurance companies and liable parties to question your injury claims at a later date.
- It will make your recovery more difficult. In addition, it can also prolong your treatment, missed work, and pain and suffering.
- If you wait to get medical care, you won’t be able to document the full extent of your injuries.
- If you wait to investigate the accident, the important evidence will vanish.
- If you wait to reach out to a lawyer, you may find it hard to handle your case and prepare it successfully.
- If you wait too long to file a lawsuit, you will miss the deadlines. As a result, you won’t get any other chance to get fair compensation for your Drunk Driving Lawsuit.
- Calling 911 will help you get evidence to support your claims that the other driver was responsible for causing the accident.
- Even if the police don’t issue tickets or make arrests, their reports will be helpful in your case.
- Admitting fault for the car accident will end up hurting your claim.
- You can also face traffic violation citations and insurance rate hikes.
Here are some comments you should always avoid:
- I am sorry.
- I didn’t even see them.
- I only looked down for a second.
- I tried to slow down.
Some early steps you can take to get a hassle-free settlement:
- Get the names and contact information of the witnesses and ask for their statement.
- Gather the other driver’s insurance, phone number, license plate number, driver’s license number, and the names of their car insurance company.
- Use your phone camera to click photographs of the accident scene.
- Get a copy of your accident report.
When you accept a drunk driving settlement offer, you can’t reopen your case. Therefore, it’s better not to settle fast for less. Nevertheless, without an experienced lawyer, you’re looking at a huge personal hassle that ends in a lower payout.
What is the average settlement for a car accident with a drunk driver?
There is no standard settlement for a car accident with a drunk driver as each injury claim is unique.
If you want a lawyer who cares about you and the outcome of your drunk driving lawsuit, contact Ethen Ostroff. He and his networks ensure you get every dollar possible for what you went through.