Home Depot Accident Lawsuit | How Long Does it Take to Settle?
Have you been hurt while inside the premises of The Home Depot? Before filing a Home Depot accident lawsuit, you should read this comprehensive overview of the legal procedure to recover maximum compensation from your injury.
The ideal time to initiate your Home Depot accident lawsuit settlement claim is when you are healing from your personal injuries. The average settlement amount you may be entitled to in a slip and fall accident ranges from $300,000 to $1 million. The amount depends on the nature of your case, the nature and severity of your injuries from the accident, and any follow-up treatments and disabilities due to the accident.
Few highlights on The Home Depot
- The Home Depot is a company known for offering its customers the supplies and machinery that they need for building residential and commercial projects.
- Many individuals utilize Home Depot as their source for construction supplies, whether working on personal projects or on a construction site.
- The business has offices all over the country, including the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Guam.
- Its headquarters are in Cobb County, Georgia. There are locations in Mexico and Canada as well.
- The company is popular for its ‘big box’ formatted storefronts that are notably huge.
Why hire a Home Depot accident lawyer?
Often, victims who file their Home Depot accident claims are pressured to settle their case early. The company might also pressure you to get a compensation payout that does not even satisfy the damages you have endured and continue to suffer. For these reasons, it is important to seek legal assistance from a skilled and experienced Home Depot accident attorney to help you get maximum compensation for your claim. They will guide you throughout the whole process of a lawsuit, minus the hassle.
Injuries and Causes of Home Depot accidents
Understanding the kind of injuries you incurred at The Home Depot before filing a home depot accidents compensation claim is crucial. Knowing the complete process along with the cause of accidents can be crucial to its result.
Some of the frequent wounds sustained after tripping and slipping on a surface are as follows:
Serious neurological and sensory problems, including paralysis that is either temporary or permanent, can lead to a spinal cord injury.
Head injuries range in severity, from mild brain bruises or contusions to more serious traumatic brain injuries or TBIs. Some TBIs might result in persistent seizures, significant mood swings, cognitive decline, and other symptoms. Most often, head injuries require hospitalization or emergency room care. However, in more serious cases, it might lead to death.
Surgery and a lengthy hospital stay are often necessary for hip fractures. Surgery can be required in some more severe situations to implant an artificial hip. Records show that one in every five hip fracture patients dies because of serious injuries.
Accidents involving a slip (trip) and fall may cause shoulder dislocations or more serious shoulder injuries called brachial plexus injuries. The network of nerves known as the brachial plexus links the spinal cord to the shoulder, arm, and hand. These wounds are frequently treated surgically and require intensive physical rehabilitation thereafter.
Slipping and falling lead to minor to serious bone injuries. The impact of the ground results in mild sprains in some situations, crippling bone fractures in others, and temporary impairment in some cases. Victims frequently experience fractures in the hip, spine, forearm, thigh, ankle, pelvis, upper arm, and hand.
The process of filing a Home Depot accident claim
To help you achieve maximum home depot accident settlement amounts, have a look at these points and do your best to follow them:
- Take pictures of the incident’s scene, including all the material present at that place.
- Take pictures of your wounds – it doesn’t matter whether they are small or large.
- Report the incident to The Home Depot and inform the management of your injuries. You should do this after you have taken pictures of the hazard so that the owner cannot simply clean it or remove it, thereby eliminating your evidence.
- Visit a doctor to receive treatment and a diagnosis of your injuries.
- Gather all the proof along with a demand letter with it in a package.
Time period to resolve your personal injury case
A settlement with The Home Depot could take up to 5 to 8 months, or about 1 to 2 years, to complete. This is because it will take some time to obtain all of your evidence, such as:
- Medical records.
- Information of all the witnesses who were present at the time of the accident, as well as their statements.
- Reports from your doctors and the hospital.
- Any further treatments that you are undertaking for your recovery.
The settlement will occur when the timing is right but will be considered according to the unique situation of your claim. You must obtain the paperwork and complete medical records as quickly as possible from your healthcare practitioner to win the maximum home depot accident settlement amount in 2024.
Compensation from the Home Depot accident lawsuit
Here is a list of recoverable damages commonly claimed by and awarded to plaintiffs in a Home Depot accident lawsuit.
- Future loss of earnings.
- Future medical expenses.
- Loss of consortium.
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
- Medical bills.
- Mental anguish.
- Missed work and lost wages.
- Pain and suffering.
- Permanent disabilities.
Your personal injury lawyer will review all the details of your case and determine which damages you can prove and recover from the liable Home Depot store.
How to prove your Home Depot accident lawsuit?
If you or a loved one was recently injured in The Home Depot, you could sue The Home Depot by filing a home depot accident lawsuit in 2024. All you have to do is prove that all the elements of negligence were present in the accident:
- The store or manager caused or created the hazard to occur.
- The owner was well-aware of the hazard but did not address it.
- The owner was well-aware of the hazard but was negligent in his inspection.
- The negligence was the reason for the injuries you incurred.
Reach out to Ethen Ostroff Law Firm
Hiring the right Home Depot accident lawyers plays an important part in filing and winning a Home Depot accident lawsuit. After analyzing your case, Ethen Ostroff will provide you with the references of highly skilled and experienced lawyers with a positive record in handling similar cases.
Filing your Home Depot accident lawsuit with the assistance of competent legal experts will help you get a fair home depot accidents lawsuit settlement. They will relieve your burden of medical costs and proper treatment. Call Ethen Ostroff Law today at 610-510-8883 to schedule a free consultation.