Paragard Lawsuit In 2024 | Based on 2024 Litigation
Have you or your loved one been injured by the copper intrauterine device Paragard T 380A? Filing a claim by taking professional assistance from the top lawyers helps you get a fair Paragard lawsuit settlement
Women suffering from painful T-arm breaks during the removal of Paragard must undergo one or more surgeries so that the T-arm can be removed easily. However, hysteroscopies and laparotomies don’t always result in surgeons locating the T-arm.
Some women file a ParaGard lawsuit because of the extensive damage caused by the breaking of the T-arm. Others have to wait up to 2 years or more before attempting to get pregnant after T-arm breakage.
The current research indicates that manufacturers failed to conduct stability testing on the arms of the device before marketing and distributing it. The top lawyers are helping patients get maximum compensation for:
- Loss of future earnings.
- Lost wages.
- Medical bills.
- Pain and suffering.
Although the Paragard IUD lawsuit isn’t a class action, each of our client’s claims will remain a separate cause of action. However, to speed up the process of settlement, the claims are being consolidated into multidistrict litigation (MDL).
Paragard lawsuit 2024 updates
As of March 2022, there are almost 900 Paragard lawsuits in the MDL. In February 2022, the Paragard MDL continues to take shape. The MDL judge is expected to rule on the discovery dispute over certain questions in the proposed plaintiff’s fact sheets.
Grounds for a Paragard IUD lawsuit
According to the current Paragard lawsuit 2024 litigation, there are various claims that victims are pursuing. It includes:
- Under strict liability, a pharmaceutics company is legally responsible for injuries, if:
- The product design poses a foreseeable risk.
- The product was manufactured and used as it was designed to be.
Evidence: The typical evidence of defective design includes the original IUD schematics and expert witness testimony.
- Under strict liability standards, a pharmaceutical company is legally responsible for injuries from the defective products in cases, such as:
- The product had a defect when it left the manufacturer’s possession.
- The defect substantially contributed to the plaintiff’s harm.
- Forensic analysis of the defective IUD itself.
- Internal memos and communications.
- Testimony from the workers who have constructed the device.
- Here are some legal duties of a pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- They should warn the healthcare providers of non-obvious hazards of the product.
- They should inform the physicians regarding how to avoid the hazards.
Evidence: Clear evidence of improper labeling is the Paragard IUD packaging. In this case, the doctors were not fully informed about the substantial risk of the IUD breaking during IUD removal and how best to avoid it.
- Here is a list of different elements that plaintiffs need to provide in a negligence lawsuit.
- The breach caused the plaintiff’s injury.
- The defendant owed a duty of care to the plaintiff.
- The defendant breached that duty.
- The injury resulted in money damages.
Eligibility to file Paragard IUD lawsuit
- You must be female.
- You must currently have a Paragard IUD, or had the device inserted in the past.
- Must have had a qualifying complication during or after Paragard IUD removal surgery.
- You must previously had or currently be scheduled to have Paragard IUD removal surgery (Note that even if you have not yet had surgery, our Paragard IUD paragard lawyer in Philadelphia can still evaluate your compensation claim).
Serious complications and injuries caused by Paragard
Over the past few years, Teva Pharmaceutical’s copper-bound Paragard IUD has been linked to numerous cases of serious injury. Now, studies have shown that when the Paragard IUD device breaks apart or fractures during the removal process, it can cause extreme pain and significant internal damage that often requires follow-up surgery.
- Ectopic pregnancy.
- IUD displacement or migration.
- Tears in the lining of the uterus.
- Perforation of the uterus.
- The IUD becomes stuck in the uterus.
- Organ damage.
- Skin breakouts (acne, pimples, and oiliness).
- Mood swings, sleep difficulties, and irritability.
- Vaginal bleeding/spotting.
All women who have suffered complications after Paragard removal are eligible to bring a Paragard IUD lawsuit claim to recover significant compensation.
Where to file Paragard lawsuit
The Paragard lawsuits in the USA are being temporarily joined in the Northern District of Georgia federal court as part of multi-district litigation (MDL) number 2974. In addition, the official name is In Re: Paragard IUD Products Liability Litigation.
Has Paragard T 380A been recalled?
As of 2022, the Paragard T 380 remains on the market despite being a potentially defective medical device. Moreover, one batch of birth control devices was recalled in 2019 because of sterility issues, not breakage issues.
What is the estimated settlement payout in Paragard lawsuits
According to the global settlements in prior mass tort cases involving defective medical devices and internal damages, the Paragard cases in the highest settlement tier have a value between $100,000 and $180,000.
In addition, Paragard plaintiffs in the second tier can expect compensation between $40,000 and $75,000. There will probably be a lower, third tier of plaintiffs who get smaller payouts ranging from $10,000-$30,000.
You can contact our attorneys for a free case evaluation and to discuss your legal options around the clock. Ethen Ostroff Law Firm is devoted to fighting for the largest Paragard lawsuit settlement amount possible for you. Our free case review will determine whether you have a viable Paragard lawsuit or not.