Xeljanz Lawsuit in 2024: The Key Facts You Must Know
Patients consuming Xeljanz or Xeljanz XR are at a higher risk of developing severe health conditions, leading to fatal injuries and hospitalization. As a result, they are hiring law firms for Xeljanz lawsuit to handle their cases against drug companies.
The recent lawsuits have alleged that Pfizer Inc., the manufacturer of Xeljanz failed to report the adverse effects related to the drug. In addition, they excluded the data from clinical trials to display better results.
Things to know about Xeljanz lawsuit:
- FDA has approved the addition of the highest level “black box” warning that highlights blood clots and the higher risk of death on Xeljanz packaging.
- Xeljanz lawsuit claim that the use of Xeljanz can cause various cancers, major cardiac events including strokes and heart attacks, and blood clot complications, including deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolisms.
- The skilled and experienced attorneys have access to the expertise, resources, and manpower. As a result, they fully investigate the case and fight for it to provide justice to the clients.
The signs & symptoms of blood clot:
- Chest pain that worsens with breathing.
- Swelling at the legs or arms.
- Sudden shortness of breath.
- Leg pain or tenderness.
- Red or discolored skin in the painful or swollen leg and arm.
Major adverse cardiovascular problems:
Xeljanz is linked with major adverse cardiovascular events, including:
- Cardiac arrest.
- Cardiovascular death.
- Coronary revascularization.
- Congestive heart failure.
- Myocardial infarction.
Malignancies associated with Xeljanz includes:
- Breast cancer.
- Colon cancer.
- Lung cancer.
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Prostate cancer.
The adverse outcomes associated with Xeljanz’s risk of blood clots include:
- Arterial thrombosis.
- Cerebrovascular accident.
- Deep vein thrombosis.
- Ischemic stroke.
- Pulmonary embolism.
- Pulmonary thrombosis.
- Transient ischemic attack.
Do I qualify for Xeljanz lawsuit?
- Medical expenses.
- Loss of wages.
- Loss of consortium.
- Pain and suffering.
- Punitive damages.
In addition, you will generally need to show that:
- You were suffering from arthritis and being treated with Xeljanz or Xeljanz XR.
- If You were consuming 10 mg twice daily dose of Xeljanz or Xeljanz XR.
- You were suffering from pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary thrombosis, stroke, or similar blood clot injury.
What compensation is recoverable in the Xeljanz lawsuit?
When you hire a professional law firm to represent you in your pursuit for compensation, they will thoroughly research all the possible ways where you’ve suffered a loss as a result of your injury.
You can be eligible to recover any or all of the following types of damages:
- Past or future pain and suffering that results from physical and mental injuries.
- Past or future medical expenses to treat your injuries.
- Punitive damage, if appropriate.
- Wage loss, if any.
- Other economic losses experienced from your injuries.
If you’re taking the medication Xeljanz, it’s important to talk through your options with your doctor before deciding to discontinue the drug. Nevertheless, if you think you’re eligible for a Xeljanz lawsuit, we will help you find the best attorney.
If you want a lawyer who cares about you and the outcome of your case, pick Ethen Ostroff. He and his network will ensure you get every dollar possible for what you went through.