Hotel Sexual Assault Lawsuit in 2024 | A Complete Guide to Win Your Claim
Sexual violence is a serious matter, and any attack in private rooms such as your hotel room because of negligent security must be handled properly. Filing a hotel sexual assault lawsuit can help you hold the hotel owner accountable for their negligence and lapses in hotel security.
If you have been sexually assaulted at a hotel or resort, connecting with a hotel rape lawyer can help give you peace of mind and confidence as you look towards the future. They will help you file hotel sexual assault lawsuit claims and support you in the whole procedure to win maximum compensation for your claim.
Hotels’ responsibility to keep their premises safe and comfortable
Staying at a hotel should be a safe, comfortable, and relaxing experience. Many people expect hotels to provide them and their families with security, safety, and shelter while vacationing, traveling for work, or just treating themselves to a weekend getaway. The last thing you want to think about while staying at a hotel is your and your loved ones’ safety. Every hotel or resort has a legal duty to take reasonable security measures to minimize or reduce the risk of hotel sexual assault.
Unfortunately, this standard of reasonable care is not always met. Some of the usual complaints include inadequate security, cameras that were either not functioning or non-existent, improper room key storage, and various other issues of negligent security, leading to preventable crimes being committed.
Important questions your lawyer wants to know about your hotel and the incident
Cases of hotel sexual assault lawsuits like these raise many questions about the hotel safety for the guests and employees. Therefore, when you hire the top hotel sexual assault attorney to handle your case, be ready to answer these questions.
- Does the hotel building implement proper training regarding who enters the hotel?
- Does the hotel take the right measures and procedures to provide safety for everyone in the facility?
- Does the hotel conduct proper background checks to ensure its employees are fit to work on the premises?
- Was your attack the result of negligent security practices or a lack of safety measures, such as adequate lighting in the hotel parking lot?
- What level of security do you experience in the hotel?
- Were people other than hotel guests allowed access through locked entrances or past the main office?
- Did the hotel owners fail to protect guests knowing there was a threat of criminal activity in or near the premises?
Tips to prevent hotel sexual assault
Here are some ways you can avoid or minimize danger.
- Don’t publicize. It’s vital to keep your room number to yourself at all times. If possible, have the front desk employee write down your room number instead of announcing it aloud.
- Have a proper inspection of your room when you first enter. You can scope out the room, including the bathroom, closet, bed box, table, and behind the curtains.
- It’s important to keep the windows and doors locked. In addition, you need to ensure that your door lock is functioning correctly and can be locked from the inside. Use the deadbolt if one is provided. You can also try locking your windows at night if your room is near a street or if you have a balcony view.
- Keep unwanted visitors away. Avoid opening the door unless you know the person behind it, including a hotel employee.
- Look for the nearest exit. In case of an emergency, you must know where to go. Familiarize yourself with the fire exit.
- When entering and exiting the hotel, try to use the main entrance, as this is one of the busiest areas of a hotel. Avoid being in solitary situations. If it makes you feel more comfortable, you are allowed to call the front desk and ask for an employee who can accompany you to and from your car.
In recent years, hotel sexual assault claims involving hotel guests and hotel employees have increased in the industry. Therefore, working with skilled and experienced lawyers is crucial if you or your loved one has been sexually assaulted, especially where a property owner failed to take reasonable security measures to protect you from harm.
Ethen Ostroff Law understands and respects the attorney-client relationship. You can count on us to keep your confidential or sensitive information discreet from day one.
How to file a hotel sexual assault lawsuit
Here are some steps you can take if you find yourself in this situation.
Becoming a victim of rape or sexual assault at a hotel or resort is undoubtedly the most traumatic experience. Although speaking about the incident is uncomfortable for most victims, you must report the incident as soon as possible. If you are a victim, you should notify the hotel or hotel security along with local authorities.
There are times when the hotel security wants to protect its reputation. Still, they must assist you in whatever way they can. Consequently, you must file a lawsuit against hotel sexual assault before the local law enforcement as soon as possible.
It might be challenging to experience something life-changing, but this is a key element for your case. You need to photograph the scene of the crime and take notes about the incidents that occurred before and after the assault.
If possible, you should also seek medical attention to increase your chances of recovery. The medical examiner should document any signs of physical harm.
When facing a legal burden related to rape and sexual assault, it is important to have skilled hotel sexual assault lawyers on your side. Most of the victims do not realize that the perpetrator of their crime can be held responsible for their actions. Rest assured that Ethen Ostroff Law is here to help you prevent more of the same incidents from happening in the future.
Compensation in hotel sexual assault lawsuit
Individuals who have suffered harm due to the actions of others are entitled to compensation for all damages incurred. A lawyer experienced in sexual assault cases will help you sue the hotel for sexual assault and try to win the maximum settlement possible under the law.
Types of harm compensable in such cases
You can pray for compensation to recover the following:
- Present medical and rehabilitation costs include therapy, medication, and psychological care.
- Future medical and rehabilitation expenses.
- Non-economic damages, including pain, suffering and emotional distress caused by the incident. Victims of rape often experience long-term psychological issues, including depression, PTSD, and anxiety disorders. The at-fault parties should pay compensation for these conditions.
- Economic damages incurred, including loss of wages and loss of future income.
- Loss of consortium.
- Punitive damages. These damages are hard to win, and only a top attorney with expertise in sexual assault injury lawsuits can secure them for your hotel sexual assault lawsuit settlement.
Why choose Ethen Ostroff Law?
If you have been the victim of a sexual assault or rape at a hotel, contact us at 610-510-8883 for a free no-obligation consultation. Ethen Ostroff Law will help you get access to the top hotel sexual assault lawyers in Philadelphia to handle your case. In addition, we will discuss the specifics of your situation and give you a better understanding of how we can assist you in moving forward with dignity and support. You deserve justice, and Ethen Ostroff Law would be honored to help you get it.