Fall or Bone Fracture Lawsuit in 2024
Did you or your loved one suffer from a bone fracture due to another party’s carelessness? If yes, you can be eligible for a fall or bone fracture lawsuit. Broken bones can happen after an accident and occur in just about any bone of your body.
Symptoms of Broken Bones
It’s vital for accident victims to seek instant medical attention after sustaining a bone fracture. After all, if your fracture isn’t treated properly, the injury might lead to dangerous complications. You or your loved one may have a broken bone if they have the following symptoms:
- A bone protruding through the skin.
- A loose bone in the hip, thigh, or pelvis.
- Extensive bleeding.
- Intense pain.
- Inability to move a limb or limited mobility.
- Misshapen joint.
- The area below the joint is pale, blue, or clammy.
- The injured can be immobilized at the scene.
Types of fall or bone fracture
- Avulsion fracture: takes place when a tendon or ligament that is attached to your bone pulls off a piece of the bone.
- Compound fracture: takes place when the bone falls and fracture occurs in several pieces. These types of fractures take many months of rehabilitation and medical care to heal.
- Displaced fracture: takes place when a fragment of your bone is torn away.
- Hairline fracture: takes place when there is a very small crack in the bone. This is also known as a stress fracture.
- Spiral fracture: takes place when your bone breaks due to the twisting of the limbs.
- Transverse fracture: caused by the force that is directly applied to the injured limb.
Common causes of fall or bone fractures
- Auto accidents.
- Bicycle crashes.
- Direct blows.
- Pedestrian accidents.
- Slips and falls.
- Workplace accidents.
What damages can I claim for Fall or Bone Fracture?
1. General damages
These deal with the pain and suffering caused by the accident. These types of damages are graded according to the severity of the injury. For example, a broken finger would be paid less than an amputated finger.
2. Special damages
These types of damages are made up of expenses that you incurred because of the accident. The main types of special damages are:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of earnings
- Travel expenses
If you want a lawyer who cares about you and the outcome of your bone fracture lawsuit, choose Ethen Ostroff. He and his professional connections will ensure you get every dollar possible for what you went through.