Truck Crash Lawsuit In 2024 – Truck Crash Personal Injury
Common causes of the truck crash
(alcohol, fatigue, illness, etc.)
- Distraction or inattention.
- Careless driving.
- Failure to yield right of way.
Who can drive for trucking carriers?
A truck accident case should be on the qualification of the driver. Consequently, you must have the following qualification to drive a truck commercially:
- Be 21 or older.
- Capable of speaking and reading the English language.
- Experienced in operating a commercial motor vehicle safely.
- Holds a current and valid driver’s license issued by the state.
- Must have a driver’s road test and have been issued a certificate of completion.
What to do after a truck Crash – Accident?
Here are the steps you should follow if you’re in a truck crash:
- Stop and report the crash
Every person involved in an accident should stay at the scene of the accident. In addition, call the state highway patrol or police as they’ll assess the situation and fill out the accident report.
- Take photographs
Pictures can help you relay how bad the accident was and help you remember any details. Therefore, take some photographs of the accident for your records. In addition, you should also take notes of how the accident happened.
- Identify information of liable parties
Doesn’t matter who is at fault, it’s important to identify information for the liable parties to be held accountable and get the required compensation.
- Seek medical treatment
It’s vital to see a doctor if you don’t get attention at the scene. After all, without any medical treatment, you won’t be able to seek compensation for injuries that appear later.
- Follow medical advice
Keep your receipts and follow medical advice from your doctor. Moreover, if there are any gaps in your treatment, the insurance company won’t cover your medical expenses.
How to win a truck accident case?
- Assess the parties.
- Use Voir Dire to assess the jury pool.
- Take advantage of the code of Federal Regulations & Traffic Laws.
- Statistics and data can be persuasive.
- Hire a skilled, experienced, and knowledgeable personal injury lawyer.
Important information to gather to claim truck crash injury:
- The license plate of the truck and any other information (model/make).
- Names and addresses of drivers/passengers.
- The truck driver’s license number and employer.
- Name, phone number, and addresses of the witnesses.
- Duly filled out and signed claim form.
- Copy of the insurance policy
- A detailed estimate of the repairs.
- Original records of other expenses incurred.
In a truck accident, half of the battle is knowing where to search for evidence. Nevertheless, if you have any other questions about what to do after a truck accident, find a skilled and experienced personal injury lawyers by reaching out to Ethen Ostroff.
If you want a lawyer who cares about you and the outcome of your case, pick Ethen Ostroff. He and his network will ensure you get every dollar possible for what you went through.