Amputation Lawsuit In 2024 | How to Get a Fair Compensation for Amputation Damages
Moreover, there are currently more than 2 million Americans who have had a limb amputated.
Here are some of the consequences faced by amputation patients:
- They cannot work in their current jobs or have to change their careers.
- They may experience significant phantom limb pain and debilitating psychological distress.
- They often have to adjust to a whole new life and relearn basic skills, such as eating, walking, and using the bathroom.
Eligibility to take amputation legal action
.Regardless of the reason for your amputation, it’s important to check a few things before taking amputation lawsuit. It includes:
- Did they act negligently towards you?
- Were you owed a duty of care by the defendant?
- Did negligence cause you to have an amputation?
Two main categories of amputation
From high-risk situations where people are knowingly in positions of considerable danger to unfortunate and random, there are various ways amputation can occur.
Here are some of the examples of traumatic amputation
- Accidents that involve machinery, often in the workplace.
- Becomes trapped in building or car doors.
- Electric shocks.
- Explosions or other blast injuries.
- Road traffic accidents.
Here are some of the examples of surgical amputation
- Partial hand amputation.
- Wrist disarticulation.
- Shoulder disarticulation.
- Trans-radial amputation.
- Forequarter amputation.
Compensation for amputations damages
- Medical bills.
- Prosthetic limbs.
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation.
- Lost income.
- Lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering.
- Emotional distress and mental anxiety.
- Loss of consortium.
Documents required to file a claim
- Medical records: it can be requested from the hospital that treated you.
- Accident reports: you can use a copy to help prove the location, date, and time of the incident.
- Photographs: the photos of the accident scene are one of the strongest evidence.
- Witness details: witnesses could be asked for a statement of what they saw.
If you want a lawyer who cares about you and the outcome of your amputation lawsuit, choose Ethen Ostroff. He and his professional connections ensure you get every dollar possible for what you went through.