How to file an Uber Accident Lawsuit In 2024 | If You’re Injured in an Accident
Common causes of Uber accident
- Drunk driving.
- Improper merging.
- Lane violations.
- Parking lot crashes.
- Right of way violations.
- Running LED lights.
- Running stop signs.
- Stopping in the road.
- Tired driving.
- Running LED lights.
- Using a phone while driving.
- Vehicle maintenance.
- Wrong-way driving.
When to sue Uber Accident Lawsuit?
There are various instances when you can file a Uber Accident Lawsuit. For example,
- When a passenger rides in the Uber.
- When a pedestrian is hit by an Uber vehicle.
- When a cyclist was hit by an Uber vehicle.
- When your residential or business premises are damaged by an Uber accident.
- When a motorist in another vehicle was involved in the crash with an Uber vehicle.
Common injuries from Uber accidents
- Bone damage.
- Brain injuries.
- Internal injuries.
- Muscle injuries.
- Neck and spinal cord injuries.
Two options to sue Uber
If you want to avoid an arbitration system, use small claims court. However, it’s a long procedure that requires showing up in person and filling out legal forms.
How to prove Uber is responsible for your accident?
To get an Uber Accident lawsuit, you need to confirm the following:
- The driver breached their duty of care.
- The driver’s negligence caused the injuries or damages.
The average settlement for Uber accident
The average settlement for an Uber accident is $15,000. This is because most car accidents don’t result in bad injuries. A minor injury will result in a small Uber car accident settlement.
However, if you are badly injured, you can easily get more than Uber’s insurance limit. The physical injury liability limit is $50,000 per person. Nevertheless, if the Uber driver was at fault and the injured victim had surgery for his or her injury, the victim can get more than $50,000.
You will likely need to have a brain injury or any major injury to get Uber’s insurance company to pay you the $1 million limit. The death cases are often worth more than the $1 million liability limit.
Undeniable reasons to hire a Uber Accident Lawyer
It’s important to build the best possible case on your behalf. However, the process is quite intricate and requires some expertise. Speak with an experienced attorney who can walk you through it. Here are the top reasons to hire a lawyer.
- It’s vital to speak with a lawyer about how you feel you have been wronged by Uber. However, if you choose to sue Uber on your own, you have to pay a huge filing fee and other court costs in your local jurisdiction.
- In addition, your case will most likely go through small claims court. When you hire a lawyer, there will be a greater probability that you won’t have to pay upfront.
- An experienced lawyer will advise you when you file your claims. In addition, whom you should file against to ensure you will get appropriate compensation for your Uber Accident lawsuit.
Therefore, if you want a Uber Accident lawyer who cares about you and the outcome of your Uber Accident lawsuit, contact Ethen Ostroff. He and his network will ensure you get every dollar possible for what you went through.